Monday, December 13, 2010

Marie Makes a Baby Blanket

It's cold here and it will be even colder in February, so I decided that the baby needs a blanket. I didn't want it to be too heavy, so I decided to use up my random assortment of sport weight yarn. I also didn't know what gender I was having when I started, so we went with multi-color. The result -- a random log cabin blanket. I am a fan, so if the baby doesn't want it, I'll take it. But judging by my family history, any blankets that I make for child number 1 will be stolen by child number 2 (I'm looking at you sister #2!) which means this blanket may be for a child who hasn't even been dreamed of yet....


Pattern: Basic Log Cabin Pattern that I made up
Yarn: Random assortment of sock yarn, sport weight yarn and Brown Sheep Sportweight
Needles: US 5

1 comment:

  1. i love this! and i know that sibling number 2 will appreciate it way more than sibling number 1 ever did.

    ReplyDelete