Sunday, December 26, 2010

Marie Makes a Really Fast Baby Poncho

Everyone needs some fairy tale dress up clothes. I had a pouffy slip like one would wear under a square dancing dress. It was great and I remember feeling like the most beautiful girl in the world while wearing my slip. As a future mother, I want to encourage my little one to dress-up and play make-believe. To start her on the path (and because I think it is adorable), I knit her a little red riding hood cape.

This project was super quick -- big needles, bulky yarn -- and it only took me two days to get the body done. Because I don't have a baby yet, I modeled it on the family dog. Unfortunately, she looks a bit more like the big bad wolf than little red riding hood.



Pattern: Drops Knitting b16-1
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lanaloft Bulky

No comments:

Post a Comment